Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Reports To: Acting Director of Engineering
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary Office Location: Somerville, NJ
FLSA Status: Exempt
PayLock provides various parking management services to municipalities and universities with its booting and digital parking permit platforms. The Senior Software Engineer will be tasked with researching, designing, developing, testing, and integration of web-based, operating systems-level software for our service lines. Candidates must have a passion for getting things done and be highly motivated. Candidates must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and be eager to learn and contribute to the team setting. If this sounds like you, then please contact us.
PayLock is a growing business that offers a suite of unique parking management products and services. PayLock solutions promote healthy parking environments with happier parking participants. Our mission is to provide innovative solutions to make parking a better experience for motorists and parking professionals everywhere.
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of designs with moderate complexity within time and cost constraints.
- Formulate and design software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Lead in development and execution of software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Act as principal for new client integrations, coordinating continuously with Account Managers and Executive Sales Leadership.
- Consult with customer and account management team concerning ongoing maintenance of software system.
- Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
- Act as Project Managers, with end-to-end responsibility, for projects of increasing complexity and impact
- Confer with business leaders to obtain information on limitations or capabilities for development projects.
- Store, retrieve, and direct data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Assist Account Managers in advising clients about maintenance of software system.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment and systems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership skills
- Creative problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Writing and presentation skills
- Polished communication skills
- Teamwork oriented
- Honesty, integrity, punctuality and dependability
- Ambition and a desire to advance career
Experience/ Education: Degree from a 4-year college or university, or equivalent, in software development or software engineering plus 3-6+ years of experience with data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture. Experience with SQL Server highly desirable as well as experience with Agile software development, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret software- and business domain-related technical material. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, users, 3rd party vendors and partners. Ability to communicate thoughts, ideas, and arguments in writing in a way that others—often regardless of technical background—can fairly easily understand.
Computer Skills: A successful candidate is required to have a moderate to expert knowledge of Word Processing, Design, Internet, and Database software as well as proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems. Moderate knowledge of C#, .NET, REST and Source Control (i.e. Mercurial, GIT, TFS), SOAP, Reporting Services, Continuous Integration is also required. Delivery (i.e. TeamCity, Jenkins), Cloud Platform (i.e. AWS, Azure), Angular, and React is preferred but not required.
Base Salary: 80,000-120,000 Commensurate with Experience;
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Full-time Position: 40 hours or more
Sounds fantastic! So, what next?
If you like what you see, then step up and join our talented team. Drop us a line if you are this person!
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
IPT LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, age, marital status, or disability.
NOTE: Please allow us up to 2 weeks to receive and review your resume. If we are interested in having you come in for an interview, we will contact you. You do not need to call to verify we have your resume as ALL resumes get sent to our Hiring Manager.