Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Reports To: Site Reliability Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Primary Office Location: Somerville, NJ
FLSA Status: Exempt
PayLock provides various parking management services to municipalities and universities with its booting and digital parking permit platforms. The DevOps Engineer will be tasked with building, maintaining, and leading a stable, scalable and secure infrastructure environment. Candidates must have a passion for getting things done and be highly motivated. Candidates must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and be eager to learn and contribute to the team setting. Ideally, we are seeking a Central-NJ based candidate. If this sounds like you, then please contact us.
PayLock is a growing business that offers a suite of unique parking management products and services. PayLock solutions promote healthy parking environments with happier parking participants. Our mission is to provide innovative solutions to make parking a better experience for motorists and parking professionals everywhere.
- Design, implement and support production, staging, and QA infrastructure at scale in an AWS environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments, escalating as necessary.
- Partner with rest of engineering team to detect and mitigate future failures.
- Support security initiatives through internal audit, hardening AWS accounts, user management and coordinating audits as needed.
- Collaborate with software engineers to make architectural decisions.
- Automate provisioning, maintenance and configuration of production systems.
- Deploy and maintain monitoring and alerting resources.
- Assist with analyzing architectural requirements to determine feasibility of designs with moderate complexity within time and cost constraints.
- Assist with development and execution of reliable software system testing procedures and documentation.
- Consult with customer and account management team concerning ongoing maintenance of environment.
- Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment and systems.
- Conduct system analysis, with limited support from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Data Analytical skills
- Creative problem solving
- Interpersonal skills
- Polished writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Design and Innovation skills
- Teamwork oriented
- Honesty, integrity, punctuality and dependability
- Ambition and a desire to advance career
Experience/ Education: Degree from a 4-year college or university, or equivalent, in system administration or DevOps engineering plus 2-4+ years of experience implementing Windows and Linux based environments in the Cloud, managing Active Directory and maintaining AWS services including, EC2, RDS, ECS, ECR, SNS, CloudFormation, SQS, Route 53. Experience with SQL Server highly desirable as well as experience with Agile software development, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret software/infrastructure as code- and business domain-related technical material. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, users, 3rd party vendors and partners. Ability to communicate thoughts, ideas, and arguments in writing in a way that others—often regardless of technical background—can fairly easily understand.
Computer Skills: A successful candidate is required to have expert knowledge of Cloud (AWS), Linux and Windows Administration, Active Directory deployment and management, shell scripting (BASH, KSH, etc), as well as proficiency troubleshooting complex environments. In depth knowledge of networking concepts, including routing, firewalls, and TCP/IP in general, source control (i.e. Mercurial, GIT, TFS), SOAP, API, Reporting Services, Continuous Integration and Delivery (i.e. TeamCity). Some understanding of Angular, and React is preferred but not required.
Base Salary: Commensurate with Experience;
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Full-time Position: 40 hours or more
Sounds fantastic! So, what next?
If you like what you see, then step up and join our talented team. Drop us a line if you are this person!
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
IPT LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, age, marital status, or disability.
NOTE: Please allow us up to 2 weeks to receive and review your resume. If we are interested in having you come in for an interview, we will contact you. You do not need to call to verify we have your resume as ALL resumes get sent to our Hiring Manager.
No Solicitations or contact from Recruiters will be taken for this posting.